Effective date: August 2019
- Naming and brands
University websites must use a University domain
University websites must be branded as Pioneer International University websites and University’s name and logo must comply with the Web requirements and the brand identity standards provided by the University’s Relations and Communications department.
- Required links
The top-level page of each University website must include an easily discoverable link to Pioneer International University homepage. It must also contain the contact information for the Covered Party responsible for the website, including Covered Party’s School, department or other Unit.
Pioneer International University is committed to ensuring access of the website to all eligible persons and members of the University community including members with disabilities. While it is important to note that the API will not eliminate all accessibility challenges Pioneer International University will endeavor to use screen reader compatibility, captioning and descriptive tags to reduce barriers to access to information for people living with disabilities.
Copyright laws must be safeguarded to prevent infringement. Covered Parties must obtain requisite permission before incorporating third party works on the University website. Materials created by the University and posted on the University website have copyright protection.
The Covered Parties must ensure that the content shared on the University websites is relevant. Before posting all content must be proofread for grammar and spelling
- Permitted purposes of University Website: The University website will only be used to further the University Business. Covered parties must ensure that they obtain permission to use videos and images posted on the University website.
The University website shall not be used for any commercial purposes and non-University business.
The design of all University website pages will conform to the technical and design specifications developed by the Website Committee.
Pioneer International University operates https://piu.ac.ke website. This page informs you of our policies regarding the collection, use and disclosure of Personal Information we receive from users of the Site.
We use your Personal Information only for providing and improving the Site. By using the Site, you agree to the collection and use of information in accordance with this policy.
Information Collection and Use
While using our Site, we may ask you to provide us with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify you. Personally, identifiable information may include, but is not limited to.
- Email address
- First name and last name
- Phone number
- Address, State, Province, ZIP/Postal code, City
- Cookies and Usage Data
Like many site operators, we collect information that your browser sends whenever you visit our Site (“Log Data”). We may also collect information on how the Service is accessed and used (“Usage Data”). This Usage Data may include information such as your computer’s Internet Protocol address (e.g. IP address), browser type, browser version, the pages of our Service that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
We may use your Personal Information to contact you with newsletters, marketing or promotional materials and other information that we may provide to the users using the emails.
Use of Data
Pioneer international University uses the collected data for various purposes:
- To provide and maintain the Service
- To notify you about changes to our Service
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our Service when you choose to do so
- To provide customer care and support
- To provide analysis or valuable information so that we can improve the Service
- To monitor the usage of the Service
- To detect, prevent and address technical issues
Security of Data
The security of your Personal Information is important to us but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Transfer of Data
Your information, including Personal Data, may be transferred to – and maintained on – computers located outside of your State, province, country or other governmental jurisdiction where the data protection laws may differ than those from your jurisdiction.
If you are located outside KENYA and choose to provide information to us, please note that we transfer the data, including Personal Data, to KENYA and process it there.
Disclosure of Data
- Pioneer international University may disclose your Personal Data in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to:
- To comply with a legal obligation
- To protect and defend the rights or property of Pioneer international University
- To prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with the Service
- To protect the personal safety of users of the Service or the public
- To protect against legal liability
- As a Kenyan citizen, under GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation), you have certain individual rights. You can learn more about these guides in the GDPR Guide. More information about Kenya GDPR http://www.ict.go.ke/wp-content/uploads/2016/04/Kenya-Data-Protection-Bill-2018-14-08-2018.pdf
We may employ third party companies and individuals to facilitate our Service (“Service Providers”), to provide the Service on our behalf, to perform Service-related services or to assist us in analyzing how our Service is used.
These third parties have access to your Personal Data only to perform these tasks on our behalf and are obligated not to disclose or use it for any other purpose.
We may use third-party Service Providers to monitor and analyze the use of our Service.
Links to Other Sites
We have no control over and assume no responsibility for the content, privacy policies or practices of any third-party sites or services.
Our Service does not address anyone under the age of 18 (“Children”).
We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 18. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your Child has provided us with Personal Data, please contact us. If we become aware that we have collected Personal Data from children without verification of parental consent, we take steps to remove that information from our servers.
By email: email@example.com
Telephone call: +254 740 635 657
By visiting this page on our website: https://piu.ac.ke/contact